Sunday, April 19, 2015

Holy Heck, What Was That?

There are some seriously get-out-of-my-way-now fast cars driving in the fast lane of the unrestricted sections of the Autobahn.  I think I was passed by all the coolest cars in the world within the first half hour of riding in Germany.  And more than a few soccer moms in mini-vans...

Just as I must have been swinging my head back and forth like at a tennis match I'm sure that that Washington state license plate on the back of my bike is causing some heads to turn too.  In fact while riding into London a scooterist pulled up beside me, flipped up his helmet and asked me if I was riding around the world.  It actually took a second or two to fully process the question and come to the correct answer that yes in fact I was riding around the world.  A thumbs up, twist of the wrist and he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment